If a bigger piece has chipped off, you can glue it back on with water glass, which you can buy from your local HETA dealer.
- Apply water glass to both surfaces
- Keep the piece in place for 24 hours
- Sand with sand paper, grain 120
If a piece is missing, or the impact mark is deep, you can repair the damage with a mixture of soapstone powder and water glass, which you can buy from your local dealer.
- Mix powder and water glass to a suitable consistency
- Remove any dust
- Apply the water glass with a brush to ensure good adhesion
- Apply ample soapstone mass, since it contracts as it hardens. You can add on as you go, if necessary
- After 24 hours, you can sand down the hardened surface. Start with grain 60-80 and finish with grain 120